Our mission is to support the implementation of the energy policy of the Government of the Republic of North Macedonia by participating in the preparation of energy strategies, developing plans and programs, collating and analyzing data and drafting reports, fostering the introduction of energy efficiency measures and creating conditions for increased use of renewable energy sources for electricity production.
It is our ambition to become the central national institution tasked with monitoring and analyzing the effects of the energy policy of the Government of Republic of North Macedonia and of the implemented energy efficiency, as well as the measures and degree of use of renewable energy sources in light of the obligations taken from the energy community.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ENERGY AGENCY
It is our ambition to become the central national institution tasked with monitoring and analyzing the effects of the energy policy of the Government of Republic of North Macedonia and of the implemented energy efficiency, as well as the measures and degree of use of renewable energy sources in light of the obligations taken from the energy community:
- Support to the drafting of the Strategy for development of the energy sector and its implementation,
- Partaking in drafting of national energy efficiency action plans,
- Monitoring the implementation of measures and activities pertaining from the energy efficiency action plans and attainment of indicative targets, drafting of annual reports, preparing mandatory opinions on the municipal energy efficiency programs and drafting reports,
- Collating and analysing data on the implementation of the energy efficiency action plan,
- Preparing annual reports on conducted energy audits,
- Monitoring the implementation of guidelines on application of energy efficiency measures in public procurements,
- Selection of legal persons for training and exam taking for energy controllers, participation in organizing of trainings, preparation of training curriculum and participation in preparation of exam questions,
- Support to the preparation and implementation of the strategy for renewable energy sources,
- Issuance of guarantees or origin of electricity from RES and maintaining the appropriate registers,
- Issuing approvals for testing the potential of wind energy,
- Maintaining the register of plants for electricity production from RES and issuance of certificates of conformity with conditions and installed power of RES plants for acquiring the status of preferential producer,
- Monitoring policies of energy control and the certification process of energy characteristics of buildings by maintaining registers, monitoring and controlling activities,
- Implementing foreign donor projects on energy efficiency and renewable energy sources,
- Drafting proposals for amending the primary and secondary legislation, technical regulations and standards.